Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
The Real-World Analytics (RWA) group is looking for a Statistician to join our growing team of statisticians, epidemiologists, and clinical experts in our Toronto or Vancouver offices. The Statistician will report to the Principal Statistician, Senior Vice President, Real World Analytics and work closely with all members of the team. The primary responsibility of the Statistician will be to contribute to the design and analysis plans of innovative clinical studies.
This position is only open to candidates who are legally able to work in Canada.
- The key responsibilities of the Statistician include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the planning and execution of simulations to inform the design of innovative clinical trials
- Supporting the analysis of real-world datasets including electronic health records and claims data.
- Collating and analyzing large (and often heterogeneous) data sets
- Reviews protocols, SOPs, and other technical documents to ensure statistical integrity and optimal study designs.
- Leads and organizes review meetings
- Ensures quality and consistency of key data science deliverables across assigned studies within a project.
- Supports creation of, maintenance, and adherence to indication-specific standards with respect to key variables, definitions, statistical methods, data structures and presentation of results.
- Supporting the development of statistical methods to be applied to novel research methods
- Supporting and leading the development of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific and medical journals
- Leading the preparation of statistical analysis plans
- Supervising and supporting research associates and project managers in data management
- MSc in Statistics or Biostatistics (MSc candidates in other highly quantitative fields may also be considered)
- Solid theoretical foundations
- Highly proficient in R (other languages an asset – SAS, STATA, Python, C/C++) for both data management and statistical analysis
- Effective communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and maintain a high level of efficiency and accuracy
- Experience with causal inference methods is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Bayesian statistics: a bonus
- Passion for statistical inference (rather than generic data science)
- Experience: Experience with clinical trials or a health research consulting environment: a bonus
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cytel.com.