CANSSI Ontario offers top-up opportunities for trainees with Ph.D. degrees interested in pursuing multidisciplinary, data-driven research.
Top-ups are for $10,000 for two years ($5,000 per year) for highly competitive applicants to attract the best talent to Ontario.
Applicants must assemble a team of at least two supervisors from different disciplines who will be integrally involved in mentorship and training of the CANSSI Ontario fellow. The proposed research should be data-driven, proposing the development of novel statistical or computational methods or application of existing methods in novel ways.
During their two-year appointment, CANSSI Ontario fellows are expected to produce research output that includes contributions to the scholarly domains of both supervisors.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field.
- Two proposed supervisors from Ontario universities/research institutes from two distinct fields; where at least one one is a faculty member appointed to a statistics department or a statistical scientist appointed to a mathematics department.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Esther Berzunza, Program Manager
- The motivating problem (1 page);
- The data that will be used in the project proposal (1/2 page);
- The names, positions, a relevant publication reference, and research expertise of the supervisors (1/2 page); and
- An explicit multi-disciplinary training plan (1 page). Please also mention if this is a new or existing collaboration between the proposed faculty supervisors.
- Two (2) reference letters.
- Since this fellowship only supports the PDF’s funding package, the proposal should include a statement on the budget required to complete the project and the source of funds in place to cover these costs, if applicable.
CANSSI Ontario Fellows will be expected to:
- report yearly (by July 1) on their progress with specific reference to their multidisciplinary training plan and progress towards scholarly output in their respective fields (form will be provided).
- contribute to a CANSSI Ontario Research Day.
- participate in workshops, networking and training events.