CANSSI Ontario STAGE (STAGE) is currently accepting applications from prospective trainees.
STAGE offers training and career development opportunities designed to cross-train individuals at the interface of genetics and population health sciences in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics—two disciplines currently facing a shortage of qualified individuals in Canada and elsewhere. The overall goal is to improve the prevention and management of complex diseases by increasing capacity in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics research.
Deadline: March 15, 2021
- Postdoctoral fellows from relevant disciplines, or
- Full-time University of Toronto Ph.D. students in the second or a later year of their program, who are enrolled in
- the Division of Biostatistics, or Epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health,
- the Department of Statistical Sciences, or
- relevant biomedical programs, with a background in human genetics and demonstrated training and strength in quantitative skills.
- A research allowance of up to $5,000 and Travel Awards for eligible trainees of up to $1,000.
- Mentoring by a team of internationally-renowned experts.
- Networking at local, national, and international levels.
- A curriculum incorporating core, integrative, and cross‑disciplinary courses, and leadership training.
- The program is set in a uniquely rich training environment conducive to interdisciplinary research, and which builds on the resources of
- Toronto’s critical mass of genetic epidemiologists and statistical geneticists,
- A collaborative team of biomedical scientists from the Toronto Academic Health Science Network, and
- Three well-established and quantitatively strong University of Toronto graduate programs: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Statistics.