Department of Research and Innovation, at the Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo
Oslo University Hospital with more than 24 000 employees is a learning and forward-thinking organization. We have a leading role in the development of research and innovation, as well as the development of tomorrow’s healthcare, precision medicine and treatment. Here you will find some of Norway’s leading experts in their fields, and be part of the largest health care workplace in the country. Our work environment is characterized by openness and respect. Regardless of educational background or experience, you will have the opportunity to develop and use your expertise in a place where it really matters.
A full time two-year PostDoc position is available at the Department of Research and Innovation, at the Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo. The position will be available from 01.10.2022.
The background of the project is the lack of knowledge on underlying mechanisms of the known teratogenicity of anti-seizure medication. There is reason to believe that DNA methylation (epigenetics) is involved, and the main object of the project is to investigate whether epigenetic changes are associated with the teratogenic effects. Data from the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort (MoBa) registry and biobank at the National Institute of Public Health will be analysed and linked to other national health registries. The postdoc will be responsible for the analysis pipeline and will also collaborate with the current PhD student on the project.
We seek an ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic person who
- holds a PhD degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology or medicine, computational biology, or related field
- has experience in designing and establishing analytical pipelines for complex datasets such as multi-omics analyses (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, epigenomics, etc.)
- is proficient with bioinformatics tools and methods for data analyses, including R
- is proficient in oral and written English
- has published scientific papers relevant to the topic of the TeraEpi project
The application must include:
- Application letter, stating your motivation for applying and provide reasons for why you are particularly qualified for this PostDoc position
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation, foreign diplomas must be translated into English by the degree-conferring institution
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
In the evaluation of candidates, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and potential will also count in the assessment of the candidates.
Applications will be handled consecutively, but last deadline for submission is 15.06.2022. Start is flexible, but 01.12.2022 is latest.
- A two-year PhD fellow position in an exciting environment
- Membership in the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme, 2 % pension withdraw, group- and accident Insurance, as well as spare time insurance
- A work place which is an Inclusive working life enterprise
The employment period is 2 years.
For further information please contact:
Kristina Gervin, PhD, phone: +47 930 02 393, e-mail: Kristina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaja Selmer, Project leader, phone: +47 995 264 99, e-mail: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit candidate.webcruiter.com.